Immersive Israel Experience 2024
General Trip Information
This is an agreement between Jewish Deaf Congress, Inc. thereby known as (JDC) and Tourist, thereby known as customers paid for their full participation in JDC’s Program Tour in Israel from May 6th to May 19th, 2024, hosted by Jewish Deaf Congress.
Dates/Location: Tourists will begin the Program Tour on Monday, May 6th at 3:00 PM in Tel Aviv airport and complete the tour on Sunday, May 19th at 6 PM in Tel Aviv. This includes two Shabbat weekends.
Language: All daily tours are conducted in ASL. However, tourists will be learning Hebrew and Israeli Sign Language (ISL).
Event Link: Immersive Israel Experience 2024
Terms & Conditions
Prices: All prices listed on the Program Tour are final unless subject to change, which participants will be notified of. Tour prices are per person. Lodging prices are based on double occupancy. If you’d like a single room, the cost will be added. All tour booking excursions are 100% non-refundable. Rates do not include some of the tourist’s meals, food, beverages, and souvenirs unless otherwise specified in the program.
Tourist: The program tour welcomes anyone who is Jewish Deaf and uses ASL at the age of 18 and older. Most of the lodging entails hotel rooms with two beds, and cabins will be used for overnight stays.
If you need a roommate, it is your responsibility to find someone to share a room with unless you choose to pay extra for a single room. You agree that JDC is not responsible for all the risks and liabilities associated with the possibility of bumping you to cover the cost for a room that has double occupancy with only you in it.
Program Tour: This is a packaged-tour priced program designed by JDC:
- Booking Cost: $500 per person payable to Jewish Deaf Congress, Inc. with full name and age by August 31, 2023, for deposit to hold your spot for the Program Tour. This deposit is transferable to any other person with both persons’ written/email permission since it is non-refundable according to the deadline. Upon receiving confirmation of your deposit via email, you will also receive another email, which is the registration form with details including boxes checked off your interests. By September 1st, you may begin to make full or partial payments toward your outstanding balance of the program cost.
- Program Tour Payment: Full or partial payment of $3500.00 per person due before March 1, 2024.
- Installment payments: Starting Sept. 1st, 2023, tourists begin their partial payments of six (6) monthly installments of $500 per person payable to the Jewish Deaf Congress (JDC), due before March 1, 2024.
- Payment Methods: Visa, Mastercard, or American Express can be used to pay. Checks, including personal checks, cashier’s checks, or money orders, drawn on a US bank, make it payable to Jewish Deaf Congress, Inc. If the check payment to JDC is returned due to insufficient funds, stopped payment, a closed account, or any other reason, you will be notified with a fee of $50 added to your balance with JDC. Only US currency for payment is acceptable. If you have other payment preferences, reach out to JDC staff.
- Perk: Take 12 Chapters of Israel virtual course from January to April 2024, planned by JDC! A $300.00 per person course fee is built into the total cost of the Program Tour. For more info, check www.jewishdeafcongress.org/event/course-12-chapters-of-Israel.
- Program Tour: 14 days with tours during the day and some evenings. The schedule is subject to change.
- Lodging: 13 nights at 3.5 star or above hotel or cabin stay with breakfast included.
- Excursions: These are included in the Program Tour package as listed on the Program Tour schedule. However, other excursions not listed are at your own expense. Prices and availability are subject to change, and tourists will be notified.
- Meals: Some days will include meals. Two full Shabbat dinners will be provided at the hotel. Other meals will be at your own expense. You may submit special meal requests or dietary restrictions no later than March 31, 2024. JDC cannot guarantee that your requests will be honored, or restrictions may be difficult to accommodate in some destinations.
- Transportation: bus/van with a driver. Tips for drivers are at your own expense—two pieces of luggage per person.
- Flights: At your own expense, it does not include international flights from the United States to Israel and does not include flights from and to your chosen destinations.
Regular daily tours – all entrance fees are included according to the itinerary provided by JDC. Tourists are obliged to always stay with the tour. Separation from the group can result in being left behind and will be at the tourist’s expense. All activities begin according to the schedule; therefore, your arrival/departure is expected according to the time announced by the JDC guide and staff.
Date of departure, pick up, and drop off times, and possible delays are subject to change or cancellation should unforeseen circumstances occur.
JDC will not manage small groups or separate private tours. These are done at your own discretion and expense, such as entrance fees, that are not part of JDC’s program.
JDC reserves the right to implement alternative locations other than the itinerary due to force majeure, weather conditions, or imposed security limitations; changes might be applied at any time throughout the tour. The charge of $150 per person plus any additional charges may apply. JDC will make every attempt to avoid these charges.
Physical Fitness with Risks:
The Jewish Deaf Congress (JDC) wants you to be aware of the potential risks for adventure travel involved but not limited to:
Hiking, walking, climbing, and altitude sickness. Possibly inaccessibility to medical attention and/or difficulty in evacuation from remote locations in the case of a medical emergency that is unavailable. JDC has no liability regarding the provision of medical care or evacuation services. JDC staff does not have the medical or first-aid training and will only be “Good Samaritans” to help anyone.
Any specific accommodation needed, such as renting wheelchairs – advanced notification required. Additional expenses may be incurred.
Passports and Visas:
Each tourist is to have a valid passport at least six months after arrival in Israel. For US citizens, if you plan to travel to Europe, starting in 2024, visas to the designated countries are required.
Airlines and Flights:
Each tourist is responsible for planning their own international and national flights. It is recommended passengers arrive at least 3 hours prior to departure to ensure adequate check-in time.
Tours outside of Israel:
JDC will not be hosting any tours outside of Israel. Tours outside of Israel crossing the Egyptian and/or Jordanian border are subject to an Egyptian / Jordanian Government Tax, payable in US currency, at the borders. Once across the border, the Egyptian / Jordanian company takes full responsibility for the tours. It is at your own discretion to make your own plans. JDC has no bearing responsibility for the planning of this.
Travel and Health Insurance:
JDC strongly suggests you purchase travel insurance plans. Travel protection plans include coverage for trip cancellation, trip Interruption,
Emergency medical and emergency evacuation/repatriation, trip delay, baggage delay, and more, depending on your chosen plan. Contact your health insurance about coverage for international stays. To participate in the Program tour, you are required to sign a waiver if you do not purchase travel insurance.
Travel Advisories and Warnings:
Jewish Deaf Congress (JDC) reserves the right to inform you it does not have first-hand knowledge pertaining to the circumstances in Israel. The conditions with vendors, suppliers, health hazards, weather hazards, climate extremes, or security impositions either in Israel or the destinations to which you may travel. To stay updated, JDC strongly advises you to check the Center for Disease Control (CDC) – www.cdc.gov/travel or US State Department’s website – www.travel.state.gov. With this agreement, you accept full responsibility for investigating and verifying all information pertaining to travel, including passport, visa, vaccination, and all other entry requirements (health, safety, and security conditions) to Israel. Should you still choose to travel, even if the State Department or CDC may advise against travel to Israel or other destinations, you assume all the risks of personal injury, kidnapping, death, or property damage that may arise from these events like those were advised or warned against.
Information and Privacy:
JDC will require you to give us personal information such as your full legal name, gender, birthdate, and passport information as required by law. This also requires contact information, including the address, phone number, and email address of each tourist. Lastly, we will ask for each tourist’s name and contact information of a designated emergency contact information who is not traveling. You will be responsible for verifying any information you give us. Under no circumstances is JDC liable for any errors or omissions in the information you give us, including fees or damages.
All cancellations are to be done in writing by the person who made the reservation and will be effective upon receiving the notification. A full refund is available for cancellation would be by Dec. 31st. No refunds will be available after January 2024 before and during the tour or any unused portion of the trip.
Tourists who decide to withdraw at their own discretion at any stage during the tour will not be entitled to claim any REFUND whatsoever.
JDC may, at our discretion, require a person to withdraw from any tour if we deem their conduct to be offensive or to cause annoyance to other passengers, and we shall have no further liability for the carriage of such tourists.
Drugs and Alcohol:
Tourists are strictly prohibited from possessing, manufacturing, distributing, storing, consuming, or otherwise using illegal drugs and alcohol from the United States to Israel. JDC has no tolerance for this, and tourists will be instructed to leave the program immediately if the JDC guide and staff have evidence of this. Upon arriving in Israel, tourists must comply with the rules and regulations when consuming any form of drug and alcohol at their own discretion. Israel has legalized Marijuana for medical reasons.
Loss of Personal Belongings, including luggage:
JDC accepts no liability for direct or consequential loss of personal belongings. JDC cannot be held responsible for injury, loss, or damage due to force majeure. JDC strongly recommends that travelers be covered by personal health and damage insurance.
We will be traveling to different cities/towns by bus. It is your responsibility should there be any/all damages or loss, and it must be reported at the time of the incident and documented in writing for submission to insurance if you have. JDC does not have any responsibility but can assist with information.
IMAGES and MARKETING:
Images, photos, and/or videos may be taken by JDC staff or other tourists throughout the Program Tour that may contain or feature you. You consent to any such pictures being taken and grant permission to reproduce for JDC’s marking, promotional materials, or other mediums without any further compensation payable to you.